Choosing a Residential Asbestos Abatement Company
If you need residential asbestos abatement, you often need it quickly – but you should be careful to select a good residential asbestos abatement company, no matter how much of a hurry you are in. Having proper residential asbestos abatement done is vital to the health of residents of your home, and if it is not done correctly, it could pose larger problems down the road. If you need residential asbestos abatement, take a few minutes to do some valuable research!
Experience and Professionalism Count
One of the first good signs of a high quality residential asbestos abatement company is one that has been around in the business for a long time. Be sure that the company you choose provides proven, properly performed abatement methods. The company should be able to tell you about their health and safety standards and the practices they choose to use to ensure that these standards are adhered to.
Following are a few things to consider when hiring an asbestos abatement company:
- Does the company encourage you to hire a third-party testing firm to complete an asbestos survey of your house? When a customer requests a home be tested for asbestos it should be done by a third-party company, a company other than the one that will do the asbestos removal work. There is a conflict of interest when the removal company tests it's own work or performs it's own survey.
- Does the company have liability and asbestos abatement insurance? The policy must clearly state they are insured for asbestos abatement.
- Does the Company have WorkSafe insurance?
- The asbestos removal company must provide you with a detailed risk-assessment and a scope of work including a written quotation that is based on the third-party consultants survey and should provide you with a copy of "written notice of project" (NOPA) to regulatory bodies.
- Manifests: Will the asbestos removal company provide you with a manifest showing that the asbestos waste has been properly transported and disposed of? If not you could still be responsible for improperly disposed asbestos.
- What will the removal cost? The cheapest company is not always the best qualified to handle your asbestos abatement properly. Enviro-Vac is a company that takes responsibility and takes your health and safety seriously.
A Great Reputation in the Community
Regulators place an explicit duty on building owners and employers to do their "due diligence" in regards to risk management at their building, facility or job site and this is true for a house as well. When hiring an asbestos removal firm, you want the peace of mind to know the process is being handled properly. Enviro-Vac has the knowledge, training and experience to effectively, completely and safely remove this hazardous material from your home.
Our 35+ years of asbestos abatement experience covers an extensive range of industries and facilities including single family homes, residential complexes, office towers, hospitals, malls, ships, industrial plants, mines and refineries to list but a few. Enviro-Vac has successfully completed asbestos abatement projects at every required level from small scale asbestos removal in a home to complete decontamination of industrial facilities.