Benefits of Using Shrink Wrap for a Restoration Project
Shrink wrap has so many uses in building construction and renovation that it is hard to list all of its uses and advantages in one place. Today, we will talk about the benefits of using shrink wrap in a renovation or restoration project impacted by asbestos or lead.
HAZARDOUS MATERIALS ABATEMENT
Shrink wrap has proven to be a cost effective and reliable method for containment of hazardous materials such as asbestos and lead during abatement. Our containment installation techniques create a complete seal of the worksite and with the application of monitored negative pressure, keeps all harmful asbestos or lead dust contained. Enviro-Vac have extensive experience spanning decades in the use of negative pressure containments that will withstand monitored pressure differential and often adverse weather.
The installation of negative pressure containments for removal or abatement of asbestos and other hazardous materials is a highly regulated and sensitive activity that requires the utmost in planning.
• Every project starts with a risk-assessment and job hazard plan by certified workers. All of our project management team members have extensive experience in negative pressure containment applications.
• Increases safety, reduces risk of loss and liability due to fire.
• Reflects heat but allows ambient light to enter so workers can see better and work safer.
• Shrink wrap containments look clean and neat, projecting a professional image.
• Seams are welded creating a high degree of containment elimination openings where wind or rain can enter. Results are less maintenance, less down time and higher productivity.
• Can withstand strong winds. Hold up under weather conditions known to destroy conventional containment systems. Less down time equals more productivity.
• Shrink wrap properties actually enhance the integrity of scaffolding when applied. Increases safety, reduces risk. Workers feel more secure which mean more productivity!
Enviro-Vac is one of the oldest privately owned environmental contractors in Canada offering a full suite of services in hazardous materials abatement and decontamination including shrink- wrap containments, industrial vacuum services, plant dust-downs and abrasive blasting. Enviro-Vac are available to work both small and large-scale projects across Canada. The head office is based in Surrey, BC.
If you have any questions about this article or would like to talk to us about hazardous materials abatement, decontamination or shrink-wrap solutions, please call us on our toll-free number, 1 (888) 296-2499.